Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Guess who's back...back again...

Yep, shady. The real Slim Shady.

So I have taken a leave of absence from blogging...and I hadn't done it intentionally, but after a while when I thought about why I had taken my involuntary leave of absence, I realized that my new real job that I took on at about the time of the start of my leave of absence was basically daily blogging (a big part of my job is writing, publications, web updating/content management/etc.). And I guess that after spending all day long writing and logged in to a computer, I didn't have anything else to say at night!

Well, I have really had a lot to say, but just not the energy to say it, I guess! Time to start catching up!

And what better time to do it than when I'm in FLA visiting The Family for Christmas. I am lucky enough to have about two and a half weeks down here due to luck in the scheduling at work and a really nice boss!

I got into town on Saturday, and so far...here's a brief recap of what has happened...with more details to follow in the future:

* The Sister is a wise biologist, apparently...I learned within one hour of my flight landing that turtles travel in "patches" of three. You always see turtles in three, I learned. And a grouping of turtles is a "patch." Like other slow-moving things...such as fog. (No, I still haven't figured out where the heck that knowledge came from, either.)

* The town my parents live in has a new bank...in a double-wide. Seriously. Pictures to come. I couldn't believe it myself.

* My parents bought this giant tractor from our neighbors!! So now I can drive it anytime I want!!! And they bought a brush hog for it, and a plow. Apparently, in Florida, you need a plow. I haven't figured out for what...but you need one. Pictures to follow on all of that, too.

And that's my brief update...more to come soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home