Saturday, June 16, 2007

Movie Review: Ocean's Thirteen

I got to see one more movie on my Summer 2007 Sequel Dream List...Ocean's Thirteen.

I really liked it! I know a lot of people didn't like O-12...which I enjoyed. Yeah, it wasn't as good as O-11, but it wasn't as bad as everyone said. But they did step it back up in O-13. The comedic timing between Danny Ocean (George Clooney) and Rusty Ryan (Brad Pitt) is priceless, and they definitely had some clever lines, a la the old "The West Wing" episodes that were so perfectly written.
The one thing about this movie that surprised me was that there really wasn't "the girl" in this movie. Ellen Barkin is supposed to be the female lead, I guess. But she's really not that big of a part, she's kind of a prop, not like how Julia Roberts was in the first two. I actually missed her in this movie...she had a good chemistry with the cast and fit in well. Barkin was just...there.
The movie had lots of quick little funny lines and moments, and the plot was interesting. Of course it was the same basic idea as the other 2...all of the planning of a big heist to "hurt" a rival, the heist itself, and then a recap as the "explain" the trick parts. As long as they keep coming up with new "big heists," I'll keep watching all the way up to O-50!

1 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Blogger Orbitron19 said...

When's the Harry Potter review?? Yes, I'm going to the store at midnight to buy it. Just like last time--after a game when I'm groggy from working too long.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home