Friday, June 08, 2007

The Most Ridiculous Mall in the Whole Wide World


About a week or so ago, I went to the Maplewood Mall to get my oil changed. As I was waiting to get my truck back, I saw two of the most insane things ever. Fortunately, I had my cell phone with me to take pictures because I don't think anyone would have believed this level of absurdity. (Although me trying to get the perfect picture of these things with my cell was probably absurd sight number 3. I got some really strange looks from people, especially as I took pictures of #2.)

1) The carousel at the mall.
Is it just me, or are the decorative accents on the horses' heads on the carousel actually static dusters?

Duster:

Carousel:

Duster:

Carousel:

Duster:

OK...you get the point.

2) So, if the dusters attached to horses' heads wasn't enough...then I saw this thing directly outside of RadioShack:


I almost fell over laughing. I went in to RadioShack for the sole purpose of asking the guy that worked there how many people actually used this cologne sample dispenser. He hadn't even noticed it!!! I felt bad for just going in to RadioShack to ask that question, so then I had to start browsing, and I actually wound up buying something. But I told the guy that when it's slow, he should just stand in the doorway and watch the cologne dispenser and see if anything happens. I know that's what I would do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home