Wednesday, November 01, 2006

One simple thing...

I was just thinking the other night of simple little things that can make one happy or feel all warm and fuzzy inside. And as I sat there with some friends, enjoying a nice beverage and conversation...I recognized the simpliest gesture and action that always makes me smile...

When everyone that is gathered for this social outing waits for all involved to get their beer/wine/cosmo/water/Coke and then gathers the glasses in the center of the table for a "clink," even though you get together numerous times a week for this type of gathering - and it's not even a special occassion. The toast could be as short and uninvolved as "Cheers" or as specific as a congratulations for an accomplishment.

That simple gesture of friendship and connection just makes me smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home