Friday, October 13, 2006

Crocs

The biggest craze in footwear now are these Crocs. The full Crocs are the most insane looking things in the world, but EVERYONE is wearing them for some reason. I don't get it. But The Mom and The Sis have the flip-flop version of the Crocs, and love them. From what I understand, The Sis may sleep in hers.

So since Boulder is the home of Crocs, I asked my friends where we could go to find them so that I could look for different colors of the flip-flops for The Mom and The Sis. We went into Pedestrian, on Pearl Street in Boulder.

Sure enough, they had Crocs. In fact...an entire room dedicated to the walking sensation. It was an attack of a rainbow of rubber soles.

The Colorado U-themed Crocs:



And the rest of them...

Now, as I stated, I happen to think that the Crocs everyone buys are the most insane looking things in the world. I don't get why they are so popular. But everyone says, "Oh, they are sooooo comfortable!!" Yada, yada, yada. The Mom thinks her Croc flip-flops are the greatest invention. So my friend insists that I will get over my adversion to Crocs and get a pair since I'm in the birthplace of Crocs. I insist that won't happen.

Well, we get into the store and he is insistant that I try on a pair. Fortunately, Crocs are making an attempt to get cooler...and they have a couple of new styles...including a Mary Jane version that is a little slimmer and cuter than the normal ugly ones. So I give in and try them on. And unfortunately, actually like them. So I left Boulder with Crocs...so sad...


And my first foray into foot modeling...just like Judy Garland..."There's no place like home, there's no place like home..."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home