Monday, October 09, 2006

MNF @ Mile High on ESPN

I went to Monday Night Football last night at Mile High...Broncos over Ravens, 13-3. Fun, even though I had to basically dress like an orange penguin.




Look at this place:


It was cold, wet, rainy - basically miserable - and it was an awesome night!


I love going to sporting events in other cities...especially in beautiful stadiums. I will admit, I waffled back and forth about whether to go tonight - it was cold, rainy and they were calling for snow. So I went to Target and got a cool fleece bucket hat with hidden ear flaps, a pair of gloves and a pair of mittens. I layered up and headed to the light rail station, jumped on board and got off at the stadium.

Here's how you get the orange penguin look I achieved above:

2 long-sleeve T-shirts

1 fleece vest

2 pairs of socks

1 thick Champion sweatshirt

1 Bauer hockey jacket

1 $7 Broncos rain poncho

Effective, eh? But I stayed (relatively) dry, and warm. In fact, I didn't start to get cold until the 4th quarter...and then it was only my feet! Of course, by the time I got home I couldn't feel them anymore and it took 20 minutes in a hot shower to thaw out! But it was worth it.

I got into the stadium and walked around...watched the ESPN pre-game show a little, and then walked around inside. Grabbed my brat and beer, and made a vow not to drink anything else other than that 1 beer - water, beer, soda, anything...because it was going to be tooooo cold and the lines would be toooooooo long! And then I walked around looking at all of the people in orange and blue. It was like a gator game that was just a few shades off.

MNF was worth it!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home