Sunday, October 15, 2006

Overheard at the Airport...

On the train from the security check-point to the gate, 5 women with very thick southern accents are discussing getting back home "finally."

First one says, "Allie is going to be pretty hyper. I'm tired."
Second one, "Benedryl, she'll be asleep and you can relax in peace!"
First one, "Haha, yeah. Well, Chloe and Allie do take children's tylenol and children's benedryl sometimes."
Third one, "How did you come up with the name 'Allie?'"
First one, "Oh, I don't know, I wanted to name it Zoe, but Zoe and Chloe together are too close and I wanted a 'Z' name, and if it had been a boy, I would have named it Zane."
Second one, "My mom's is named Sophie and mine is [something else I have since forgotten], but Mrs. Caldwell says Sophie doesn't look like a Sophie, she looks like [something else since forgotten]."
Third one, "I have one named 'Spot' and there's not a spot on her."
Second one, "[something about naming dogs]"

I kept listening...and sure enough, they were talking about their freaking dogs!! There were so many things wrong with the conversation in general, but mainly, is it really appropriate to drug your puppy when you get home? Wow.

(Sidenote - our pilot just got on the microphone at the gate as we are all sitting here waiting. That's a first...he told us he got a good night's sleep last night, the length of our bus ride and that it's a good day for flying. Interesting.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home