Monday, January 02, 2006

All the News Not Fit to Print (Subtitle: Off the Deep End)

Seriously, these two stories have me questioning the sanity of a lot of people. And for me to question the sanity of someone, it has to be really insane.

First, there's the story of the lady who married a dolphin. Yes, married a dolphin. Some rich woman from England has been visiting some Isreali dolphin for 15 years, once or twice a year. She finally "worked up the nerve to ask his trainer for his fin in marriage." I think this great quote from the blushing bride says it all...in the fact that she has to even make this defensive statement: "It's not a perverted thing. I do love this dolphin. He's the love of my life." She definitely wins the "Off the Deep End" award for 2005. Possibly for the 21st century.

Then there is the kid who ran away to Baghdad. The headline on MSNBC is "Fla. Teen Promises to Talk About Iraq Trip." I bet he does. For the right amount of money. I'm so excited that he promises to talk about his trip to Iraq. Because he did so much good while he was over there - much like our troops that are serving over there. Yet they don't all "promise to talk about their trips to Iraq" - they just serve and return and then usually go back again. The article is even more messed up - his school wants to talk to him about his absences before Christmas. Not the fact that the kid has to be psychologically screwed up to think that a so-called gifted and wonderful student that takes off for IRAQ without telling anyway while getting a visa behind his parents' backs and blaming it on a high school journalism class is "Ok." His parents said there will be "consequences" for him going into a dangerous war zone without telling his mom. WHAT??? As a kid I got in trouble for going to the bathroom in Hess's department store in Kingston by myself while I was in Kay-Bee toystore with my mom. I just took off and went by myself, and my mom got mad cause I didn't tell her. This kid takes off for Iraq and there's just going to be "consequences" from his smiling mom? That kid would be beyond grounded in my house!

On a sad note - "Blue" died. He was freaking cool in "Old School."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home