Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry Christmas Eve

Since I may not have a chance to post on Santa's big day, Merry Christmas a little early!

I also just wanted to do a little public service and recommend 3 movies to watch on DVD or in the theater (as applicable) during the holiday season:

1) Walk the Line - This movie is absolutely great and it may rank right up there with Days of Thunder in terms of the number of times I can watch it over and over again. I would go see it in the theater again and again, and you can bet it will join my DVD collection the day it is released. And I didn't really care one way or another about Johnny Cash before the movie...so that isn't my motivation for loving it. This is the best movie of the year in my book. I loved it.

2) Wedding Crashers - Freaking hilarious. The chest hair waxing scene has been noted as the funniest movie moment of the year - and I would have to agree with that. This is another movie that has Days of Thunder ranking potential.

3) March of the Penguins - Just plain cool. Very well done, great cinemetography, interesting and extremely far from boring. The only reason this movie won't reach Days of Thunder ranking is that you can really only watch penguins crossing ice, and only crossing ice, so many times. But I would see it again...just not over and over and over and over as a background movie when I'm doing stuff in the house like Days of Thunder.

DISCLAIMER: I do not like Days of Thunder because of excellence in acting or anything else. In fact, it's really not a great movie in terms of all of that, I'll be the first to admit. I just think it's kinda funny, cute and human. And it does have some very repeatable lines.
"I'm dropping the hammer." "No, you're not!"
"I don't know what this looks looks like to you officer, but this isn't distribution, it's consumption."

Happy Holidays - no matter which one you celebrate or ignore!

1 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Blogger Orbitron19 said...

You LOVE 'Days of Thunder!'
Just admit that it's the finest cinematic experience that you've ever had!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home