Monday, December 19, 2005

"New Flavor!"

I got a new flavor of gum yesterday. I know it's a new flavor because the packaging says so, in big letters. "New Flavor!"

This gum is interesting. It's Wrigley's Orbit White (that part's not interesting), but the flavor is "Bubblemint." I fell victim to the idea of a mint flavored gum in pink packaging and the words "New Flavor!"

Here's the thought process as I took a bite into this "New Flavor!" for the first time. My first thought..."This is just like normal bubble gum...nothing too exciting. Oh well." Then my next chomp, "Oh, there's some sort of spearmint flavoring in there. That's interesting. And rather gross, actually. Mint is not supposed to be mixed with bubblegum flavoring." Then I chomped a couple more times and the mint taste faded into the background, leaving my mouth feeling minty fresh, but leaving a light, pleasant taste of bubblegum. And it turned out to be quite the wonderful "New Flavor!"

So for those of your doubters about Orbit White Bubblemint Gum...don't doubt any longer. It's a great "New Flavor!" and I highly recommend it! Yes, I know those flavors should never mix in logical life...but someone had to be the first to mix peppermint candy and chocolate in order to create that delicious peppermint bark they sell at Williams Sonoma! So take the risk and bite into Bubblemint gum! Remember, it's a "New Flavor!"

1 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

My daughter loves this flavor and it is a regular on our shopping list! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home