Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Things...

* Funniest lyrics in a song ever...they aren't funny when you put them back in context and with all of the rest of the lyrics...but I wasn't paying attention when this song was on and I only heard this line:

"The difference is Jesus loves you, but I don't."

I couldn't stop laughing. I looked the lyrics up on line and the song is about a cheating husband or something, and this is the whole stanza:

"You say I should stay with you
That Jesus forgives you
You pray I will, but I won't
The difference is
Jesus loves you, I don't"

Come to think of it, it still cracks me up, even within the stanza. How many times have you wanted to say that to someone?? Hahaha. Gosh, what a great come-backer.

* I love going to the gas station and having the price at the pump be 2 cents less than the price on the giant sign.

* I love buying a shirt and having it ring up $8 less than the price on the tag.

* I'm very happy that we only have 5 more days of listening to the same 15 holiday songs played over and over and over and over again...wearing out the Energizer battery. (Funny side note - recently a local newscaster was trying to make a reference to the fuzzy pink mascot and called him the Duracell Bunny. Obviously the ads have worked on her over the years.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home