Tuesday, December 27, 2005

My Family

Well, I've been home for Christmas since the night of the 24th and I'm quickly remembering why my family is one of the strangest I have ever met. I don't have enough time to write about all of the insanity of the past few days...but let me tell you all one happy Christmas story.

Wendy's has this promotion going on where if you buy a soda, the cup has a coupon that you can redeem for a free airline ticket on Airtran. You need 32 cups for a 1-way ticket, 64 cups for a roundtrip. So, due to the fact that my family does EVERYTHING to the max - they have been dining at Wendy's every day for the past few weeks. And drinking soda. You can't get a can of coke in their house because they are so over carbonated from their daily meals, they can't stand it at home. Which means I couldn't have a soda at home :( But they eat every meal there, and they have found a Wendy's that gives you new cups on the free refills...most just refill your current cup. So they get salty food to make them thirsty and they drink soda until they burst. The manager and employees all know them. They give them some discount now every time they eat there because they are so amused by my family's obsession. I think my sister thought about buying a Christmas present for the cashier. So we finished our meal, got in the car, counted up the cups...and we had 24. Which is apparently a new per-person The Steph's Family record for cup acquisition at Wendy's. And was cause for a celebration. And me shaking my head. THIS is what I came to Florida to see.

1 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger Orbitron19 said...

Your family is so AWESOME! I'm still laughing!! Hope your holidays are going well. I'll go to Wendy's tonight in the Harris family's honor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home