Saturday, July 15, 2006

Movie Review: The Devil Wears Prada


Great, great movie. Go see it. Witty, funny, clever, sad, touching...all wrapped up in one big package.

I haven't read the book yet, I will admit. But I don't think that the movie was better because of that, because I have talked to a bunch of people that read the book & saw the movie, and they thought the movie was great, too. Meryl Streep was fabulous. She has such diversity as an actress, and has played so many different roles...and was really believable and amazing as the bitchy boss. And Anne Hathaway was pretty good, too. She's the kind of actress that you usually forget what movies she was in...she's kinda normal. There's nothing unusual about her features or her voice, she's not drop-dead gorgeous or ugly...she's just kinda normal. But she was really good in this movie, and I may actually remember somewhere down the line that she was in it.

There were also some hot, unknown (at least to me), guys in this movie. Put them in more movies and make them the focus! Then maybe I'll learn their names.

This movie is probably classified as a "chick-flick," but I think guys would really like it, too, despite that. It has all of the sterotypical "cat-fight" type interactions, bitchy boss moments and stuff like that that guys make up in their head as every-day reality.

This is probably another one of those movies that I would rank "Worthy Of Purchasing The DVD The Day It Comes Out And Is Only $16.99 For The First Two Days at Target." That ranking is pretty popular this summer.

1 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Blogger Orbitron19 said...

I gotta admit--I'm impressed with the quantity of movie reviews! I won't be able to make fun of you anymore!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home