Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Awesome List, Cont.

Game 7s. They are awesome. Especially in the Stanley Cup.

Caolina Hurricanes vs. Edmonton Oilers. New school vs. old school. South vs. North. Sun vs. Snow. Game 7.

Last night was a lot of fun to watch. I don't really care about either team, except that it seems like Carolina plays more games in the regular season than any other team. I think that every time I have actually been to a hockey game in the past 4 years, the home team has been hosting Carolina. I have seen them play more than any other team in the NHL, and I have never been to their rink. Maybe someday I will have to do that, just so that I can see what their home jerseys look like.

But other than that, during the whole Stanley Cup finals, I just cheered for whichever team needed to win in order to take the series to a Game 7. Then, last night I decided to cheer for Carolina because they were the Eastern Conference team, and because it would be fun to watch Cory Stillman win his second consecutive Cup, with different teams. (Yes, he was a member of the '04 Tampa Bay Lightning!! Go Bolts!)

It was a great game, and the Stanley Cup finals contained what the NHL was missing most of the season because of the new rules - tough, aggressive hockey. Fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home