Thursday, June 22, 2006

Yesterday Afternoon...

After work yesterday, The Sister and I went to the driving range. It was a sunny, 80+ degree day. What fun.

I somehow managed to lose enough tees while on the driving range to outfit a US Open round. Not just for one golfer. For all of them. Is that a good or a bad thing? I don’t know anything about golf, so I don’t know if I’m doing something right or wrong. But I hit the ball far…so that has to be good, right?

One of the greatest things about losing my tees all the time was the element of surprise when I pulled a new tee out of my pocket. I put a bunch of tees in my pocket to start the session without looking at them. Then every time I lost a tee, or basically, every time I hit a ball, I pulled a new tee out of my pocket. I never knew what color would come out next! It was like opening up a present every time I went to put a tee into the grass. Sometimes it was plain old wood colored. Sometimes it was green. Once it was red and once it was orange. That was exciting!

And the woman behind me was awesome. And by awesome, I mean that I got a great breeze from her every time she swung ferociously and missed. And her boyfriend was soooo encouraging I almost barfed!

And then we went and destroyed any physical benefit that we got out of our golf outing by having a really superb banana split. Does it get better than that?

Oh, The Sister is an awesome golfer, too. And by awesome, I mean I didn’t fall over laughing when she hit the ball.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home