Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Time to Lighten Up...

Ok, my last two blog posts depressed even me. So it's time to lighten up a bit. So I stole a complete post from a guy with whom I went to college (Thanks, Joe.) Background on Joe: played basketball at our school, great athlete, great guy. Can't say I knew him very well in college, but everyone "knew" everyone, can all the Monarchs/Lions out there concur? Here's the post below...and Joe's page. But I had to steal his post...it was too good not throw out there to all you loyal readers.


Why I'm Single!
"Why are you single?" This is a question that I am frequently asked. (Like I'm fine or something). To be honest, I really don't know why I'm single, but I do have some theories.

My 1st Theory: Maybe my standards are set too high. I'm not a shallow guy at all, but I do feel that if I'm going to be with someone I have to like 90% of everything about them. I feel that you must be ATTRACTED to the person that you are with. My definition of attracted means physically, mentally, and emotionally. People who are not attracted to their mate will always have a wondering eye, mind, or body. That's not how I want to live. If I'm with you I'm with you, so I must be content with what I have. Have I ever been content with what I had before you might ask... Sure I have and I never strayed not once. She must also be able to bring something to the table because I have some things to bring. If she does not have a good job then she must be doing something to better herself whether she's in school or doing something to better herself. If you can't get up in the morning to go to work or school because you were in the bar all night... Let the bar go. Don't lose a good job and don't drop out of school.

My 2nd Theory: I had a rule that I would never date anyone I met in a club or that I worked with. Every woman I ever dated was someone that I met in school. Now that I have graduated from college and are no longer in school; I have to ask my self, "Where can I go to find a good woman?" I work a lot, and when I go out it's usually to a club. So what now? I know the first thing that you're going to say is the church. When I go to church, I'm going to get my word on, not pick up women. So I broke down and dated someone from work, I dated someone that I met in the club,. Result... I'm single right now.

IF YOU GET OFFENDED BY THIS NEXT THEORY THEN YOU MUST BE THE TYPE OF PERSON THAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.
My 3rd Theory: I think I live in the land of the groupie. A lot of Tampa Florida's women are consistent violators of rule #2 (see my blog on rules). Again, be able to bring something to the table. Through basketball I have traveled a bit, and as much as I love Tampa I hate to say that a lot of the women here are screwed in the head. They will work HARD to get a professional athlete but will not work as hard to get their own. It's cool to want someone that has something going for themselves but get your own too. If you're an successful business woman or have some good going for yourself then you should want a man who if not doing better than you then he is doing close to what you're doing. Now a lot women in Atlanta, DC, Chicago, NY, ect... they go out and get their own bread, and a Falcon, Redskin, Bear, or a Giant doesn't faze them as much. If she's not feeling him then she is not feeling him. Now don't get me wrong.... Groupies and foot draggers are everywhere but I think in Tampa it is more consolidated and more noticeable. But it seems that a lot of Tampa women want a pro athlete or a baller. Sure I can cap and say I play pro ball. I think I have the look to pull it off, but I will tell a woman in a heartbeat I work for T-Mobile Wireless". I know some of you are probably thinking.... Joe you're probably broke. Don't nobody want a broke brotha. I'm not broke. Not even close! I'm just saying that most women that are in the places that I go to are about that $. What's so crazy is if they don't have VIP at in the club they will show up at 9:00 because women get in and drink free before 11:00. They come to the club without a dollar to their name but are hollering about they want a baller. All they have to bring to the table is a bit of arm candy, some a$$, and some head. I'm not joking, when I look at some of the pages of the women that I see in the club from the Bay Area on MYSPACE.COM, I look in their friends list and all I see are celebrities saved on their friends list. Most of them are probably not the real person, probably just another fan just like them. It's crazy! I know some females around here that will not give a regular guy the time of day, and all they go after are the pro athletes... Whether their married or not. But what's crazy about it is they get passed around like a joint(Old School). I'm a guy that is on the scene, and I know how the 411 is gained on these females. Like the late great Tupac said, "In the locker room all the homies do is laugh, high fives cause another nigga played your ass." Who wants a woman like that? Or who wants to lock in with one like that? Not me, I have too much pride for that!

My 4th Theory: I am often hesitant to approach and I hate rejection. I sometimes see a woman and I like her style, but I would be hesitant to approach them. If I have any doubt in my mind that she will not give me her number I will not make an attempt to put a bid in. Don't get me wrong, I'm a very confident man, but getting shot down is embarrassing as hell to me. Now you might say how in the hell are you going to say that you're confident but you think a woman won't give you the number. I have also been told that I am insecure because of this, but let me explain. What I mean by I'm confident is when I do approach a female my swagger is so cool and confident she has no idea that I hate rejection so much. In essence sometimes I will see a beautiful woman that I might find interesting but I will not say anything to her. I will go home and kick myself in the ass all day! I was crazy about this female in high school, but I never said anything, and we talked after we were grown and she told me that she had huge crush on me all through high school. "Why didn't I say anything?" There was someone at work that I was crazy about too, same scenario. "Why didn't I say anything?" Well they are both married now so it's too late! If you feel that I am insecure because of this... So be it. I'll be that.

So I hope this answers your questions on why I'm single.

1 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, Blogger Orbitron19 said...

That's why I don't want to be single anymore!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home