Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The Attention Span of a Gnat

So I discovered last night that I now have the ability to focus on a TV show for about 6.3 minutes. Here's why...I haven't really been home at night to watch TV for weeks. The couple of nights that I have been home, it's been the Olympics. (Which I LOVE.) However, the Olympics don't require focus or an attention span. Olympic coverage has more ADD than today's kindergarten classroom - with or without drugs.

Last night I got home at 6 (I am still pinching myself), made work phone calls for a couple of hours, and then settled in to watch Scrubs...one of the funniest TV shows around. I watched the first episode. Mostly. Then I watched the first 5 minutes of the second episode. I was entertained. I laughed. I chuckled. I thought the story line was great. I got bored and couldn't sit still anymore. So I got up and took a shower because I couldn't focus on a half hour sitcom.

That's sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home