Monday, February 27, 2006

No freaking joke.

I haven't posted in a while, and so much has happened to discuss, but there's just no time to tell you all. But this could not wait.

I was talking with my mom on IM earlier this evening. And she asked me if my sister had told me about Denny's newest toy. (Denny is one of dogs - the outside one.) I said no. Stupidly, not thinking that a story about Denny's newest toys could be "normal."

She said that the night before she had seen him running around with something in his mouth and she wasn't sure what it was, so she went outside to investigate. (Yes, in my family, if you see something suspicious, you investigate. Most people - myself included - would turn around and pretend not to see it. That's much safer.) Well, Denny let go of the "toy" and it started hopping and fluttering around the yard.

My mom said, "What did you think Denny had?" I said (COMPLETELY JOKING - once again, despite knowing my family, I didn't think this would be the real answer, and BECAUSE ALL JOKES INVOLVE THE FOLLOWING CREATURE), "A chicken?" My mom said...."YES!"

(Yes, this is a rooster. Who cares. It looks cool.)

It turns out that Denny had caught a chicken (who knows where it came from - I don't think I want to know) and was gently carrying it around in his mouth. You have to understand, this dog is strange. He likes to pick up frogs and carry them around. He never eats them, and never kills them on purpose. But you have to be careful at night when you come home because he could walk up to the door of your car and you go to pet him (and he likes to nuzzle your hand with his nose/mouth and likes to chew on people's hands gently) and he'll have little amphibian legs hanging out the side of his mouth - the only sign that things are not normal.

So last night he got a chicken. To read more, here's my sister's account of the story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home