Monday, February 06, 2006

Why, NBC? Why?

NBC is moving Las Vegas to Fridays. That really makes me mad. Because what that tells me is that it's getting too expensive to run that show and they want to kill it. They did the same thing to West Wing, intentionally sabotaging the show by moving it to Sunday night from Wednesday. Why in the world would they do it? They claim that they move high-rated shows to low-rated time slots in order to try to boost viewership at that time. In reality, they do it to kill a show.

This really upsets me. I was angry when they announced they were moving West Wing. Then I was angry when they cancelled it due to "poor ratings." They were going to cancel it because they couldn't afford it because the rest of their shows were lame. So they moved it to a time slot that gave them an excuse.

Here's the thing - I love NBC. It's the station I watch the most, by far. Mostly because the rest of the stations are just absolutely horrible. Fox and their overhyped, hypochondriatic newscasts can kiss my butt. CBS has some funny shows, but that's about it. And CSI. Then it's really over. ABC, I'm not even sure what station that is. Are they still one of the big 4? Can anyone name 5 shows on ABC?

But NBC is starting to lose my loyalty. With shows like Medium, for which I have to change the channel for promos - it is that bad to me, I can't really verbalize what I dislike about the show, I just really, really, really can't stand it, and then Surface...I am forced to change the channel to avoid shows rather than to watch shows.

Moving West Wing to Sunday and Las Vegas to Friday? You might as well move SNL to Tuesday and put Tina Fey and the crew out of work in 2 months. At least that would be funny...which would be the first time that SNL has really been funny in, well, years.

This is what happens when I get home one night before 10:00 (I was home at 9:30!! And watched the end of the Bachelor because I taped NBC at the wrong time and missed Las Vegas so I couldn't watch that and Medium was on NBC and I can't start CSI in the middle). I watch a "prime time" show again for the first time in weeks and I get upset with TV. I should have found something else to do for that last half hour.

Tomorrow I don't have anything to which I am committed to do after 5:00. That's the first time in weeks that has happened. I may be bored by 6.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home