Sunday, March 05, 2006

Strange Addictions

Ok, for all of you that have caught on to the Myspace.com craze, here's a new one for you: Facebook.com. I think it's really more for the college crowd than those of us that are "old." But I have found myself getting wrapped up in it, despite my proclamation that I would only get myself addicted to ONE of these silly sites (and I have already fallen victim to Myspace).

Yes, I'm probably too old for Facebook, but it's fun. I work & coach at a college, and a couple of my co-workers, plus every single student at the school, are on it. So it's a fun, barriers-free, way to interact. And it's just plain silly. I think the attraction is that you know you will see these people everyday, whereas on Myspace, most of the "friends" are people you don't live near anymore, etc.

What cracks me up though, is when students gather around a computer together to look at a Facebook profile...of one of them that is standing there. That's a funny site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home