Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Branding 101

KFC is changing their logo "again"...from this:



To this:


Nope, I don't really see much of a difference, either. Other than the Colonel and their name are now straight, rather than crooked, and the background red is crooked rather than straight. Oh, and he's cooking now rather than welcoming you at the door in a maitre d'- type costume.

Here's my thought - if you are going to spend millions of dollars to hire a company to come up with a "new" logo, then spend millions and millions of dollars in redesigning stationary, cups, napkins, signage, storefronts, sandwich wrappers, etc - then pick a new logo that shows that you changed it.

Honestly, if I hadn't read this article about the change, I wouldn't have had a clue that they were changing logos. As far as I'm concerned...someone gave them bad advice and they are wasting a TON of money on this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home