Thursday, September 21, 2006

Shuttle Excitement

I got up this morning and watched the shuttle land at about 5:20am CT. It is never not exciting to watch! I've been watching shuttle launches and landings since I was a little kid...and it's amazing every time.

The guy who does the countdown to take-off and the guy that commentates the landing "Landing gear down. Touch down. Parachute deployed. Nose gear down. Welcome home, Atlantis." at mission control, or wherever they are, have the best jobs. I'm sure they have a script, so it's not like they have to memorize all of that. They get to be on national TV with everyone hooked on every word. I wonder what kind of training those guys have to have. And I also wonder if a woman has ever done it. I don't think I have ever heard a woman do that job.

That's a great way to start a Thursday - watching the shuttle land. It's going to be a good day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home