Monday, October 17, 2005

Great idea...

I just came up with a brilliant idea. When the Astros-Cardinals game went to commercials during the inning break (stupid Cardinals just scored 2 runs to go up 2-1, I'm not worried though), I had the sudden urge to flip to NBC to catch the status of Las Vegas. You know, like on Sundays when you're flipping between football games? Then I realized that I would have NO clue what was happening on Las Vegas. So I think that sitcoms, or dramas, or whatever is on opposite of any sporting event (so all shows except for those shown on the day before and after the MLB All-Star Game), should run status reports at the top of the screen, similar to scoreboards during baseball or football games. Instead of inning, score, pitch count and outs, it would tell you who is where and what the status is of the investigation or excitement. It would necessitate a whole new language of abbreviations (instead of K, STL, little arrow pointing down 3rd, etc.), but that's no different than the cyber language created recently (LOL, CYA, BTW, BBL8R, etc.). Gosh, that is a great idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home