Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Yes, I know.

The Yankees lost. I know. The IMs. The phone calls. The emails. The away messages of my friends who are BoSox fans. I watched the game. Just a few hours after my post about how much I love October, I remembered how quickly October can punch you in the gut and take your breath away.

My favorite part about this...Red Sox fans, who after they somehow win in 2004 after an 86 year drought, suddenly jump all over the Yankees' payroll and their inability to win a championship since 2000. Do these fans forget that they had the second highest payroll - and they got SWEPT in the ALDS? Hey, Boston...I just have two digits for you, and they aren't the ones on my hands...26. That's all Yankees fans have to say :)

And the best part about being a Yankees fan...we lost on Monday, we'll take the crap from our BoSox friends on Tuesday, we'll watch tonight's game and move on with life. In 2006 we'll suck in Spring Training, the critics will say that the Yankee mystique is gone, we'll field a high-paid team and be criticized, we'll lose two games in a row and be "out of it," and then suddenly we'll be in the playoffs again "to everyone's amazement after a horrible June." As long as the end result is that Yankee Stadium is open for business in October, that's a horrible pattern that I'll keep repeating. In the meantime, Boston fans are lamenting their bad luck and crying at every barb thrown their way...they need some New York toughness up the coast there!

Just remember...26. And go Astros.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home