Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Roseville, MN Just Moved Up A Notch

Super Target is open! Super Target is open! I've been waiting since January 9th for this date. That was the day that they closed the doors on the most convenient Target to my apartment in order to tear it (and the nearby Perkins) down to build one of the most beautiful sights in the Midway area of the Twin Cities. And today, the day arrived. As I walked into the clean and bright new store, I pushed a sparkling red cart and thought, "I bet I'm the first person EVER to use this cart! I'm special."

I gotta tell you, Roseville has it going on now! Between the Rosedale Mall, Outback Steakhouse, BW3's, Famous Dave's and now, Super Target - you have nearly everything you need there. If only they would build that Costco that is rumored to be entering the area.

And one observation that I made while driving home from my visit to the meca of super shopping: It cracks me up when the first car in line to go straight at the traffic light lets his/her foot off of the brake when the left turn arrow lights up. It cracks me up because I do it, too! You're just so poised for that green, and when it comes, you want it to be for YOU. And then you try to act all cool, like you meant to do that because you're just preparing because you know that your turn is coming sometime soon. And then you just hope that your car doesn't roll backwards into the gigantic SUV behind you because your pride won't let you put your foot back on the brake. Or is that just me?

I decided that if I win the Power Ball tonight, I'm still going to shop at Super Target.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home