Monday, October 17, 2005

A Tribute To BNL...and the Power Ball.

If I had a million dollars, or $340 million... (yes, I'd be rich, but also...)

I would give enough to my parents and sister to take care of them forever.

I would buy a new car. (My parents and sister can buy their own with the money I give them.) I would buy cars that get crappy gas mileage 'cause I'm a millionaire and can afford the gas, but then I would be supporting our current president's buddies. So, maybe I'll convert all my gas guzzlers to electric and get a really long extension cord. Like Strong Bad's.

I would stay here in MN until next August to finish the community service committments I have started and enjoy one more summer up here.

I would buy the land on either side of my parents' house so they don't become an island in the middle of a strange development.

I would host a light switch rave.

I would pick a couple of (public) elementary schools to which I have a personal connection and that don't currently have art or music classes for the kids (that's a whole 'nother blog topic for later, but I'm maxed out on my criticism-of-school-stuff-for-the-week blog posts), and I would set up a fund that adds these programs to the schools for upcoming years. Every kid should have a crappy, clay, glazed ash tray sitting on their (non-smoking) parents' mantel.

I would buy a horse. Or two, so that the first one isn't lonely.

I would travel to Europe..all over. And take my sister and parents for part of it, and then do the rest by myself. Because traveling by yourself is fun because you don't have to answer to anyone or ask if they want to do something. You just do it!

I would buy the house in NY that I grew up in. And possibly the house and land of our neighbors - and then blow up their buildings. Not knock them down - blow them up. That is much cooler, and hey, I'm a millionaire, remember?

I would build a pool at the high school I attended, and possibly fund a traffic light at the exit to the school, just so that the town can say they have TWO lights.

I would buy 6 Bucs and Lightning season tickets. Or the teams. Depends on how I feel that day.

I would travel to the Gulf Coast after my year in MN is over and help build houses and stuff, or at least plant flowers at the new houses (because I know that I can do that well).

I would have a really, really good dinner. By myself. With a glass of wine. And then pay the tabs of the rest of the people eating by themselves in the restaurant at the time, and leave, quietly.

And then, I would wake up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home