Monday, January 28, 2008

Post-speech

I couldn't not document this moment.

After the speech, Bush walked up the aisle signing programs with a Sharpie. I have a couple of questions...

1) Who provided the Sharpie? Did the president pull it off the podium as he stepped down? Did he have an aide stationed at the end of the row who provided him with the Sharpie?

2) Do congresspeeps or representatives think about that kind of thing going into the speech? Do they say to their wives/husbands/children/mistresses as they walk out the door, "I'm going to have George sign my program tonight! I have a Sharpie with me! Should I bring blue or black? Or maybe red??"

3) Is that Sharpie going to wind up on eBay, or in the George W. Bush Presidential Library? Everyone knows it's one or the other.

4) I wonder if anyone lost a cap to a Sharpie and now has permanent ink all over a gorgeous, expensive, tailored suit.

Yes, I am infantile when watching serious political events that impact our future. I'm really OK with that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home