Monday, March 13, 2006

Nice Day.

So the stupid weatherman was right. For the first time in the 2+ years I have lived here. Right now we have about 5-6 inches of very sloppy, wet, heavy, gross snow on the ground. And it's still snowing. And for the first time in the 2+ years I have lived here, I lost power at my apartment. I have had power through tornados, straight line wind storms, blizzards and sun. Until the morning that I have to be at work early for an event. Then, no power.

I go out to my lil truck and I suddenly remembered why I should have taken my landlord up on the vacant garage when I had the chance. What a mess outside. Wind blowing these big wet snow crystals into my eyes, all of this snow just caked on to my truck...trying to push enough out of the way to find the little lock so I could get in. My poor lil' truck.

And there was no power, all the way in to work, until the block that houses my office, fortunately! It's very weird to be driving through a city with no traffic lights. And all of the gas stations were dark and closed, until just before my office. Which was fortunate, because I REALLY needed a coffee!

Needless to say, today my hair is curly due to a lack of ability to use a blowdryer. Bummer. And I had to do my make-up at work.

And, yes, Orbitron, I did break out the Cool Boots. For the first time all winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home