Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Steph's Christmas Vacation

Well, so far on this trip to visit The Family in The Sunshine State, I have not torn out a tree from the ground, chopped a tree to the ground, or planted a tree. In fact, I have been here almost 60 hours and haven't touched dirt yet. I'm beginning to think something is wrong...with either me or The Family. The Dad keeps referencing finding things when they pack to move again, so I'm a little concerned that my keys to the house won't work if I ever decide to fly down and surprise The Family with an unannounced visit because they will have moved to the Keys without telling me. Oh wait, I actually don't have keys to the house anymore - they took them from me when I moved to Texas years ago. Nevermind. I can't get in anyway!

We did, however, in the extremely long day that is the day-after-Christmas-shopping-day, stop at Lowe's. And guess what I bought?! I know, you are all thinking, what the heck is The Steph going to buy at a home improvement store in Florida when she rents an apartment in Minnesota? Well, it is the day after Christmas...and everything is on sale...and last year I bought a bazillion strings of lights for about 27 cents each at Target, as well as a bunch of ornaments...and I had nothing to put them on this year...so I bought a Christmas tree!

Ta da!


(OK, that's not really my tree, but it's what I imagine my tree would look like if I took it out of the box, but it together and set it up in front of a photographer's background.)

Yes, that's right! While traveling to Florida for Chritmas, I bought a 7 foot tall, unlighted, fake tree. It was $17.25 pre-tax. Now I just have to figure out how to get it back to Minnesota.

The whole tree won't fit in my suitcase. And I already have two bags to check. I have contemplated taking the top of the tree (only) home with me in my suitcase so that next year, just in case I don't get the rest of the tree up there, at least I have the top to illuminate. But I may just settle for hoping my parents drive up to visit me this year and bring the tree with them!! (Hint, hint to The Family.)

Merry Christmas to all! I hope Santa was good to you!

1 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

so did u ever figure out what to do with ur tree?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home