Sunday, November 26, 2006

Just randomness...

Yesterday we were doing more planting and digging. And a little lizard jumped out of a tree or something I had just put on the ground. So I did what anyone else would do, I caught it. And then I went inside and got my camera (almost let him go in the kitchen...The Mom would have loved that. As would have The Cat) and took pictures of it. You can see how thrilled he was for me to be holding him.



This incident reminded me of a time back in high school when a lizard jumped onto my face from a Christmas tree I was holding on my lap in a car. Seriously. And it made me laugh again when I thought of it.

When we lived in New York, our family used to drive to FL - usually to the Ft. Myers area - for the Christmas break. We would buy some small tree in a pot at Wal-Mart or Lowe's or something, and some cheap decorations, and use that as our Christmas tree at the condo. So this one year we get a little potted tree and I'm holding it on my lap for the car ride back to the condo. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, a lizard jumped out of the tree and landed right on my face! Of course I screamed liked crazy and scared the crap out of everyone.

And that's the story of how our Christmas tree attacked me one year.

Tonight we went to the Tampa Bay Lightning game. They won! We went and sat next to the glass during the pre-game shoot-around. I took some cool pictures, as is evidenced here. (I bet you guys never thought that you would have to suffer through my Thanksgiving vacation this way - it's like watching Aunt Helda's slides of hiking the Oregon Trail, or something equally boring.)

Holmqvist, the goalie, made many many awesome saves during the real game, not so many during warm-ups. And was one of the words to spell during an intermission spelling bee contest.

Marty St. Louis had a goal and an assist during the game. Prior to the game he attracted two (semi-non) blondes while meditating.

Marty's teammate, Doug Janik, didn't look as thrilled during the shoot-around. He did get slammed into the boards during the game, for which the evil Ottawa player got to spend two minutes sitting by himself in a plexiglass box and wasn't allowed to play with the rest of his teammates because he had been bad. Unfortunately, the Lightning forgot to notice that they had an extra guy on the ice and didn't take advantage of the power play and just skated.

This is a pretty, artistic shot. Really.

Brad Richards is really good. And he cut his hair recently, I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home