Monday, June 05, 2006

Big News!

I have big news to share with you tonight! I'm going to THE CABIN! I'm going to THE CABIN!

I have lived in Minnesota for two and a half years, and have never been to The Cabin. I'm very excited about this. I feel like I'm entering a secret club, or a secret society. Do I have to learn a handshake? And my trip to the cabin is almost two months away. I have so much time to add to my list of "Things I Need To Find Out About The Cabin." This is the start of the list. I will be adding to it over the next two months, and will give you all of the answers upon my return from The Cabin.

* Is Duluth REALLY in the living room? (I've been told by two semi-reliable sources that it is, but I need to see for myself.)

* Are there community bathrooms in The Cabin?

* Is The Cabin made of gigantic Lincoln Logs or the little ones, like the normal sized ones that kids play with?

* Does The Cabin only have light beer?

* Does everyone fish at The Cabin?

* Will I catch a walleye? Or a zander?

* Do we have to tow something up to The Cabin in order to fit in?

* Do they have cable at The Cabin?

* Are there apartments in The Cabin or is it like a super-sized dorm room?

* Will I have to sleep in a sleeping bag?

* Will there be snow?

1 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger Orbitron19 said...

Things you must take to the cabin:
I've only been to the Upper Michigan capin--items may vary since Minnesota is a foreign county after all:
1) Beer. You can never have too much--the last thing you want to do is run out.
2) Bug repellent. Bugs have a very short life the further north you go. They don't have time to be picky about who they bite and how much.
3) Explosives. Fireworks, Cherry Bombs, M-80's--something that makes a loud noise that's super cool when you throw it into the fire.
4) Hard liquor. When the sun goes down, change your drink of choice. Again, follow rule #1
5) Orbitron only: Bring Sushi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home