Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Unpaid Advertisement for NBC

Yes, I know that this makes me a geek. Well, not makes me a geek, but further proves the point. I am fascinated by Mars and outer space, I think dinosaurs are cool (Stegasaurus is my favorite, for the record) and I love the time of year when NBC's "Today Show" does "Where in the world is Matt Lauer?"

How cool is this week of his life? In 6 years he has traveled to 30 different locations...spending less than a day at each. But every day for a week he's in a different place, from the pyramids of Egypt to an oil rig in the North Atlantic. Each trip takes him to one of those places that you read about in books in school, and I, for one, always thought it would be cool to go to all of them. He basically gets to take your 7th grade geography and history books and make them come alive.

Make your jokes about me being a geek...but if someone gave me the chance to take a week and go to 5 different amazing places around the world, I would endure the jet lag and customs and poor service on a plane to see 5 really cool places. So there.

1 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Blogger Orbitron19 said...

GEEK, GEEK, GEEK, GEEK!

Seriously, I'd love to go to those places too, but I hate flying!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home