Saturday, November 05, 2005

I miss SNL.

The funny SNL, that is. Remember when it was LOL-funny? I know, most people don't. 'Cause that was a decade or more ago. But, WOW, it's pathetic now. "Weekend Update" isn't even funny anymore without Jimmy Fallon, no matter what anyone says. And that used to be the only part of SNL to which I looked forward.

Now, all they have are stupid, meaningless skits that don't make any sense. I'm all for stupid, brainless comedy that doesn't seem to have a point. If you have ever been to Homestarrunner, you understand that. That is just senseless cartoon skits that have no real reason. Like new boots that need an extension cord? Or Trogdor? What the hell are those? But who cares - they are funny with no real reason. And Teen Girl Squad. There's no point to that. It's just funny without having a real rationale or basis. Or deep thought. But SNL has no rationale, basis or humor. I just don't get their humor anymore. And there's nothing "to get."

Great, now I have confused myself and babbled on about nothing. Literally about nothing. How something that has no meaning or reason can or can't be funny. Wonderful. My Saturday nights have come to this. Zoinks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home